We are currently recruiting for a Senior Constructions Project Manager in Hindlip.
Pay rate: £58,191 – £64,644 per annum.
Contract duration: Permanent position.
- 28 days Annual leave (increasing to 33 after 5 years’ service) + bank holidays.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Hybrid role (up to 2 days working from home).
- Health and wellbeing, occupational health services, staff network and PAM assist.
- Gym membership discounts.
- To take the lead role and provide professional advice and manage the delivery of major capital construction projects relating to the improvement and rationalisation of the estate, ensuring delivery of projects in line with the agreed Estates Strategy and programme and budget parameters.
- To be responsible for all Stakeholder engagement to establish project aims and objectives, appointment and management of project design teams and procurement of contractors. Responsibility for preparation of relevant reports and for progress and financial monitoring including presentation to relevant boards. Responsibility for ensuring projects deliver agreed objectives and offer value for money.
- To support the Head of Projects in the development of the wider projects team, including identification of personal development and training requirements.
- In depth knowledge of industry standard processes, systems, and assessment methods (BIM, BREEAM etc.).
- Qualified up to a degree level, or equivalent experience in Construction Project Management or equivalent relevant qualification (Quantity Surveying/Building Surveying), or equivalent project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE 2). Demonstrable, solid understanding of construction project management processes, theory, and practice.
- Knowledge of construction legislation, Building Regulations, CDM Regulations, planning legislation and statutory requirements in relation to construction projects.
- Chartered Membership of relevant professional organisation with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience (RICS, APM)
- Knowledge of standard forms of construction contracts, including JCT and NEC forms of contract at all levels including Design & Build contracts.
- In depth knowledge of design guidelines relating to the development of specialised design areas for the police and fire services or related relevant environments.
- Minimum experience of 8 – 10 years in the construction industry with 5 years in a senior role.
- Engagement with senior level stakeholders to develop and determine business requirements and develop into project scope. Including preparation of business cases for approval.
- Experience of procurement of project design and delivery teams including determination of the scope of services required from consultants and making recommendations on and implementing relevant appointment terms and conditions.
- Development and implementation of new project management processes including identification of new ways of working and IT systems to support excellence in project delivery. Identifying and implementing industry best practice across the PM team.
- Team and people management, undertaking regular project reviews, identifying project risks, monitoring design team performance, and identifying staff development requirements and opportunities.
- Identifying and advising on procurement options in relation to both appointment of the project design team and contracting team and procedures regarding construction projects, including the use of various public sector frameworks.
- Experience of managing teams of multiple internal and external professional advisors and performance monitoring to ensure works are completed in line with agreed scopes of service and timescales.
- Development and delivery of both new build and refurbishment projects from inception to completion, including work on brownfield sites and heritage assets.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.