We are currently recruiting for a Central Ticket Office Administrator in Manchester
Pay rate: PAYE 10.47 per hour
Hours: Office hours are 8:30am-16:30pm
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
Department: Admin and Clerical
Provide an efficient postal and correspondence administration service to the Central Ticket Office (CTO).
- Open internal and external post. Evaluate correspondence and accurately scan to related electronic files.
- Handle cash, cheques, postal orders, driving licences and maintain records accordingly, liaising with HMCTS to progress same.
- Distribute correspondence and internal post to the appropriate areas within the CTO.
- Manage outgoing post batches using electronic postal equipment ensuring all batch work volume is recorded and verified to enable outgoing post to be proven in court.
- Ensure all required correspondence is removed from batch prints before posting and passed to relevant staff/teams.
- Maintain records and associated filing.
- Ensure all outgoing post is managed in line with evidence assessors statement to retain consistency and proof of evidence and processes.
- Provide a messenger and mail service for the unit including collating/enveloping and processing mail, any mail audit requirements and taking mail to a central collection point ensuring all documentation required by Royal Mail is ready for confirmation of collection. This involves both manual and automated postal sorting.
- Be available for all postal collections and deliveries at appropriate times.
- Utilise computer applications required by the role.
- Able to use various office equipment e.g. printers, photocopiers and all postal and scanning equipment, dealing with the maintenance and fault reporting for all postal equipment.
- Manage all deliveries and stock/store rooms and assist with the removal of confidential and other waste from the unit.
- Assist with the allocation and distribution of Penalty Notices throughout the Force.
- Maintain stock and stores including a monthly audit, dealing with orders and general housekeeping of store/stock rooms.
- Deal with general telephone queries, visitors to the office, visitors requiring access to our client’s area and informing all relevant staff efficiently and professionally.
- Train staff when required, producing training scripts where necessary.
- Be willing to learn new procedures and adapt to new technology.
- Attend court when necessary.
- To promote and comply with our client’s policies on health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others.
- Comply with and promote equality legislation and our client’s policies on diversity and equality. Take steps to eliminate unlawful discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations.
- To fully participate in our client’s development review process.
- If you have responsibility for staff; to manage staff development, performance and attendance using appropriate policy and procedure.
- To comply with the requirements of our client’s policies on Drug and Alcohol testing – requirements in respect of specific posts/ roles are described in the policies which are available on the Intranet/SharePoint.
- All staff and officers must adhere to and comply with Data Protection, Freedom of Information and Human Rights legislation and the Authorised Professional Practice (Information Management). It is the responsibility of all staff and officers to maintain data quality and security. Therefore, when inputting, updating and using information, you are to ensure that it is Accurate, Adequate, Relevant and Timely (AART), and that it is used / disclosed for business purposes only and kept secure. The most current guidance and advice in respect of compliance with the legislation and information / records management standards can be found on the Information Management Intranet site/Information Services SharePoint site.
- Supervisors and managers have the additional responsibility of ensuring that staff undertake the appropriate training and fully understand and apply the required Force policy, procedures, and information / records management standards in the course of their duties. Supervisors and managers should ensure that staff / officers understand their responsibilities in maintaining data quality and security and have appropriate processes in place to monitor compliance.
- To carry out such other duties which are consistent with the nature, responsibilities and grading of the post.
Apply online or contact Lucia De Felice on 07425 757587. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.