We are currently recruiting a Anti Social Behaviour Project Officer based in Swindon.
- A professional housing related qualification e.g. HNC / Level 4 (or working towards one) and/or Corporate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Housing
- GCSE English and Maths grade C or above (grades 4-9 or equivalent)
- Ability to visit residents and locations travel throughout the Borough of Swindon
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrable experience of managing and resolving complex anti-social behaviour within a local authority or similar environment
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of the causes, effects and consequences of anti-social behaviour
- Excellent working knowledge of housing and tenancy law, anti-social behaviour related legislation and best practice
- Experience of evidence gathering, drafting statements, preparing papers and court attendance, and/or taking cases to court as part of enforcing tenancy or other breaches
- Experience of witness support
- Experience of working in local Government or the Police or similar agency
- Excellent all round communication skills
- Understanding of safeguarding issues
- Experience of working with a range of partners, including communities, to develop new and different ways of working.
- Assessing referrals / cases and deciding best course of action
- Making informed decisions based on data and evidence
- Seeking support from partner agencies in specific cases
- Taking action in respect of tenancy agreement enforcement
- Recommend enforcement/legal action as appropriate
Creativity and Innovation
- Expected to be able to consider complex issues relating to the service and contribute to discussion/resolution
- Recognise the need for sometimes seeking alternative solutions to problems
- Identify possible changes/improvements to working practices
Other Key Features of the role
- Role involves lone working, visiting tenants and properties.Some tenants are potentially aggressive and abusive.
- Required to work from any base and at any site as directed by the Tenancy Support Manager.
Apply online or contact Lucia De Felice on 07425757587. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.