We are currently recruiting for an Application Manager in London.
Pay rate: PAYE 464.94-503.69 per day/UMB 600-650 per day.
Hours: Full-time (1-2 days in the office per week)
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
- The role holder understands the business activities and requirements and the way they are supported by the live applications and services.
- Jointly with Business Engagement, maintains an on-going relationship with the business and an awareness of the business priorities, issues, strategies and plans. Also maintains awareness of the IT strategies, roadmaps and development plans affecting applications within scope.
- Agrees the suppliers’ Application Roadmaps, ensuring they are aligned to the overall DP Application strategy and roadmaps.
- Monitors business requirements, satisfaction, business development plans and change requests, and feeds them into the regular demand, availability and capacity reviews conducted by the Application and Tower suppliers.
- Commissions ad-hoc reviews and proposals to address new requirements and opportunities. Reviews supplier recommendations and challenges them to optimise business benefit and value for money.
- Proactively identifies and provides solutions for any service risks and issues.
- As a member of the Application Management and End users Services team, work with other team members to develop best practice in supplier management and business delivery and continually improve the service outcomes for the business.
- Represent Service Delivery on project and programme boards and governance bodies.
- Excellent working knowledge of the applications and services in the area of responsibility and the operational impact of non-availability.
- Detailed understanding of specific application related technology and able to use knowledge to challenge and support suppliers.
- Commercial understanding of application technology, against industry trends and best practice in order to be able to challenge and support suppliers in their delivery to the client.
- Strong understanding of Financial and Commercial models.
- Good understanding of application Security implications, as well as wider technology touchpoints.
- Understanding of the outsourcing model.
- Technology strategy management (specifically in Application Management Services).
- Working effectively in a multi supplier outsourced environment, ideally based on a SIAM / Towers model or similar.
- Customer relationship management and customer focussed service delivery.
- Experience of working within a public sector environment.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this role.