We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Finance Business Partner in Uxbridge
Pay rate: PAYE 16.29 per hour/UMB 20.22 per hour.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
Manage, organise, and contribute to the planning, development, and monitoring of admin services.
– To undertake line manager responsibilities where appropriate.
– To ensure existing and new procedures are understood and consistently applied by administrative staff.
– To ensure appropriate communication systems exist e.g., team meetings, briefings etc.
– To monitor the deployment of staff to ensure that effective administrative support is maintained.
– To participate in recruitment/induction/ appraisal/ training/sickness for designated staff and apply relevant personnel procedures.
– To ensure that all correspondence is dealt with in accordance with service standards.
– To manage the development and maintenance of manual and computerised record/information systems and ensure these systems are kept up to date.
– To manage designated staff e.g., Clerical Assistant, Clerical Officer and Admin Assistant.
– To manage the production of confidential reports, correspondence, and other relevant documentation.
– To manage the completion of forms, statutory returns, documents, and exchange of sensitive information etc, including those to outside agencies.
– Organise/attend meetings and produce accurate minutes of meetings in accordance with agreed timescales.
– To represent the various forums e.g., internal / external and disseminate any appropriate information.
– To manage and maintain archiving of records and to contribute to the development of such procedures and systems.
– To manage the analysis and evaluation of basic data / information and produce reports / information / data as required.
– To maintain, monitor, update and develop databases /information systems to ensure the effective collection, analysis and dissemination of data/information.
– To assist in the development of action plans, arising from service reviews.
– To develop effective monitoring systems for key activities and take appropriate action where necessary.
– To assist with the co-ordination and evaluation of surveys.
– To undertake financial procedures including the maintenance of petty cash held at the office in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Financial Regulations. Make reimbursements and liaise with the Finance Section as necessary, prepare and present records for audit purposes.
– To be responsible for processing invoices and related financial controls procedures, including the use of Information Technology. Verify invoice expenditure, liaising with agencies and solving inaccuracies.
– Monitor team budgets, identifying and alerting the Administration Manager of any potential problem areas. Prepare budgetary control reports, for the attention and authorisation of the Senior Admin Officer using appropriate software packages.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working within Office Administration
- Experience of communicating with the public, departmental colleagues, and external agencies
- Experience of identifying and resolving administrative issues/problems
- Experience of creating and maintaining databases and producing and presenting statistical information
- Experience of St Helens Council’s financial procedures and processing of invoices and reimbursement of petty cash
- Experience of monitoring administration procedures and workflow against targets
Experience of supervising clerical staff
NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Business Administration
- Knowledge of systems for office administration
- Knowledge of IT and computerised systems
- Knowledge of Data Protection and information governance
- A good understanding of the principles of customer care
- Knowledge of services provided by CYPS services/social care
- Knowledge of both ICS and EHAT systems
- Knowledge of St Helens Financial Regulations
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 01925 377 878. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this role.