We are currently recruiting for a Business Change Manager in London
Pay rate: 575 Per day
Hours: The role will involve full/part-time forward deployment to assist in business change on specific programmes/projects.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Business Change Leads to manage and develop our client’s area, by providing change management support, training, guidance and assurance in order to deliver change in a way that minimises disruption to operational delivery, build capabilities and realise benefits.
The role will also be expected to contribute to development and maintenance of the Business Change ‘Centre of Excellence’ i.e. continuous improvement of framework, methodology, tools and templates, taking into account lessons learned from using these, plus advice and guidance to others.
- Support the Business Change Leads in the day-to-day management and implementation of the business change frameworks and toolkits, ensuring change interventions are identified and addressed to help realise benefits across the national Network.
• Support the Business Change Lead to manage and develop the national Change Network and/or other required and agreed change mechanisms with operational colleagues (senior leaders and management team members who are ‘business change owners’) across the country, in order to ensure business change is understood, planned, communicated, implemented and managed effectively.
• Ensure rigorous, objective business change documents (e.g. change impact and readiness assessments, stakeholder analysis and mapping, communication and engagement plans, benefit realisation plans) are undertaken, recommending or developing interventions to mitigate any negative implications and ensuring positive impacts are identified and realised.
• Develop business change solutions or interventions to help overcome potential barriers, improve performance and ensure the smooth delivery of the programme / projects objectives.
• Effectively capture, utilise and share insight and views from a diverse range of change stakeholders to ensure better delivery and embedding.
• Consider and include in delivery approaches and mitigation planning, the cumulative impact on business areas implementing the change (culture, structure, services and morale), and escalate these trends / issues to the Business Change Lead.
• Work with Regional Change Teams to build their change management capability and to facilitate the use of consistent Business Change tools and techniques to ensure that change is managed effectively at regional level.
• Work with HR and Communications colleagues to ensure that the ‘people impacts’ of change are understood and that change messaging is aligned across the Portfolio and the network.
• Work with the Benefits Manager to ensure business change interventions are identified and addressed to help realise benefits across the Portfolio.
• Work with Business Design to ensure that design is realistically deliverable from a business perspective and that the Change Network are engaged in business assurance of regional design where appropriate.
• Actively engage and coach those responsible for delivery of programmes and projects, to embed the use of Portfolio business change tools and encourage an inclusive working culture.
• Provide business change input into all governance documents including business cases, CCRs, status reports etc to ensure successful and timely programme/project delivery.
- Experience of facilitating groups, balancing conflicting opinions, resolving disputes and building consensus as necessary.
• Experience of listening and understanding to the needs and experiences of customers and using these to develop solutions or interventions to improve performance and achieve organisational outcomes.
• Experience of business change – including planning, managing and implementing change delivered by projects/programmes/portfolios.
• Experience at supporting the management of organisational change blockers and issues to resolution.
• Previous experience of working in (local) government, a security agency or policing is essential.
o APMG Change Management: Practitioner
o Managing Successful Programmes: Foundation
o Certificate in Business Analysis: Foundation
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 01925 377 878. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.