We are currently recruiting for a Business Support Officer in Manchester.
Pay rate: 11.46-15.06 per hour.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
- To assist the Senior Business Support Officer in providing an efficient business support function within a neighbourhood or specialist service area.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues, partners, and other stakeholders to meet service need as part of the Social Care
- To receive, log and respond to a variety of internal and external queries and requests, offering a professional service by recording the details of the enquiries and handling them in a timely and appropriate manner, meeting service standards.
- To carry out and monitor petty cash transactions efficiently and in accordance with the client’s policy and financial regulations.
- To order supplies and resources (e.g., stationery, equipment) and maintain stock.
- Process and maintain data in a variety of IT systems, (including manual and electronic), completing inputting in order to provide accurate management information.
- To prepare statistical information for stakeholders as and when required, undertaking surveys or audits as required.
- Attend meetings and events offering professional business support including preparing information and papers beforehand and typing related supporting documents as required.
- Support business support apprentices, students, volunteers etc. in the workplace.
- May be required to complete front line reception duties ensuring anyone attending the building receives high quality care and effective service.
- Deal with contractors and visitors to the building, maintaining records of work required and completed.
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post.
- The post holder may be subject to rotation of posts on the same pay band within the Business Support Service.
- Relevant qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent experience
- At least one years’ experience of administration systems in a large organisation.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Working in a team and achieving collective goals.
- Quickly analysing problems and finding appropriate and timely solutions.
- Experience of demonstrating, guiding or advising on standard procedures and processes.
- Experience of dealing with correspondence.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office package, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Proficient in a range of relevant IT skills.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this role.