We are currently recruiting for a Chief Investments Officer in Various Locations.
Pay rate: UMB 900-1200 per day.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
Location: Hybrid 50% (Office locations Bristol , Guilford, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Northstowe) Expenses paid for travel away from local office
The CIO will manage relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders including the Board, ministers, other government departments, a wide variety of external stakeholders at C-suite and throughout the wider commercial market.
- Instrumental in the catalytic regeneration of places and driving national programmes critical to the provision of housing supply and market health and diversification.
- Seeks to operationally leverage the agency’s ambitions from private sector partnerships, utilizing private sector capital to meet national objectives.
- Brings together market players with a particular emphasis on capital markets and driving greater levels of investment through a variety of investment vehicles such as joint ventures to increase investment in housing-led mixed used regeneration.
- Materially deepens the awareness and opportunities of working with the Agency in the wider private sector that includes residential, commercial and regeneration real estate players, global institutional capital, the housing association sector, banking and financial partners, Housebuilding and Regeneration SMEs and those that wish to stimulate market diversification.
- Drives and oversees the implementation of strategic and annual investment plans in accordance with its strategy, with the buy-in of a diverse set of stakeholders including government departments, external stakeholders (including regulatory bodies) and the wider market.
- Grows the Client’s brand awareness, educating current and future partners how we can positively impact the private sector and how they can support our ambitions.
- Employs strong strategic leadership; this will be demonstrated through identifying and bringing together the organisations technical experience, capacity, capital/land and brokering relationships to maximise opportunities for delivering the Governments levelling up agenda.
- An ambassador for the development of the agency’s regional model – role modelling collaboration within the directorate and across the Agency working with peer Executives to deliver a single pipeline for delivery and ‘one agency’ approach.
- Manages a diverse range of Infrastructure and Housing Delivery programme budgets ensuring innovative approaches are taken to achieve value for money, link into wider agency objectives and deliver the intended impact.
- Ability to shape and communicate strategic vision and oversee development into a detailed strategy.
- Experience in running a business, including the key financial dynamics and drivers.
- Extensive experience of operating at Executive level.
- Extensive inspirational leadership experience, including management of significant change agendas and adept at building high performing teams.
- Deep interpersonal skills in managing wide stakeholder base including Ministers and Senior officials.
- Ability to adapt to public policy and operate successfully in this arena.
- UK real estate experience is essential and an appreciation of how to deploy capital across the capital stack (from grants, loans and guarantees to equity).
- Skilled communicator with the ability to convey strategic vision.
- Deep understanding of financial and strategic planning.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this role.