We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Lead in London.
Pay rate: 600-748 per day.
Hours: 36hrs per week. Hybrid role (1-2 days in office).
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
This role is to lead and manage the commercial activity for a sensitive complex IT Programme to deliver a data management application through an agile delivery model. The role will require experience of procurement processes and management of delivery of the Programme through agile methodologies.
- Strategic delivery and management for the Programme:
o The development and delivery of a commercial strategy for the Programme that is in line with business needs, category strategies and market trends in the agile delivery model.
o Understands demand by forecasting and planning requirements with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Understands relevant sourcing options and analysis, and delivers positive outcomes through the procurement process:
o Performing end-to-end strategic sourcing activities for the client and serving as a subject matter expert.
o Works with key stakeholders to develop a clear and agreed view of business requirements and supports business units in articulating their commercial requirements.
o Advising and providing professional guidance throughout delivery of the Programme.
o Supports the development of the business case(s).
o Identifies opportunities to develop collaborative partnerships with suppliers.
o Provides a procurement service to the client which delivers demonstrable value for money and compliant goods and services contracts as part of a team of procurement professionals on larger procurement activities.
o Leading negotiations relating to commercial activity and has knowledge and experience with negotiation techniques. Leads and guides others in negotiation.
o Understanding and being accountable for sourcing compliance and frameworks.
- Building and maintaining key relationships across the organisation and with important external stakeholders:
o Developing key stakeholder relationships, enabling early engagement and challenging business need and demand. Seeks early active involvement of internal stakeholders in the sourcing process. Internal stakeholders will include colleagues who are users and buyers of the goods and services within the category, and relevant business units and colleagues across the organisation.
o Provision of commercial advice to stakeholders on all aspects of commercial.
o Engaging, where required, with the relevant senior business lead, ensuring that business requirements are supported by category strategies.
o Working closely with external stakeholders, including MOPAC, Home Office, Partners.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Commercial experience of delivering within the digital, data and technology categories.
- Experience in a multi-supplier environment including complex ICT, Digital and Software contracting methods.
- Excellent understanding of sourcing and procurement methodologies, ideally within a regulated or public sector environment.
- Evidence of having delivered organisational benefits to customers through effective design and/or implementation of category strategies or category management as a methodology; able to describe value add and savings in a strategic context in a complex commercial environment.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in how the market works and what drives business decisions, innovations and commercial strategy in consumers and suppliers alike.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a demanding workload whilst balancing both operationally urgent and important tasks to deliver to deadlines aligned with strong project management capabilities gained through practical professional experience.
- Experience working and effectively influencing senior stakeholders with or without authority projecting personal impact and credibility at all levels (including senior) of the organisation and the external market, demonstrating an ability to influence, persuade and effectively communicate.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 01925 377878. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this role.