We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Lead in London.
Pay rate: £64,170-70,690 Per Annum.
Hours: 9:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
This role is an integral part of Commercial Services and sits in the Technology, Innovation and Solution Delivery team which are responsible for sourcing new technology infrastructure hardware, software and services to deliver on the Commissioner’s mission: More Trust, Less Crime and High Standards.
Ensuring effective Commercial Contract and Supplier Management within the category:
- Ensuring effective day to day delivery of the contract against its objectives
- Managing contract variations, providing practical advice and strategic direction. Identifying where changes in the contract are required and adopts strategies to implement these.
- Evaluating whether a contract is achieving a successful return on investment, in the light of value for money considerations.
- Overseeing the realisation of benefits achieved as a result of the performance management regime or change control, and challenging non-delivery of benefits and escalates when required.
- Evaluating the performance of suppliers against the specification, reporting regularly
- Driving innovation and improvement in contracts
- Managing risk and reward mechanisms in contracts and key performance indicators
- Monitoring progress against the business objectives and works with suppliers and customers to develop improvements.
- Actively managing strategic relationships to deliver mutual benefit for those involved.
- At a delivery level, holding both suppliers and customers accountable for living up to their contractual commitments. Resolving disputes effectively and efficiently
- Performing contract exit activity, from pre-emptive action to transactional, process led tasks.
- Managing the disposal process of assets that are no longer needed once the current contract expires.
- Advising on and mitigating risks to the continuity of supply, and owning business continuity approach for relevant contract(s).
- Experienced and knowledgeable in how the technology market works and what drives business decisions, innovations and commercial strategy in consumers and suppliers alike.
- Have delivered organisational benefits to customers through effective design and/or implementation of procurement / contract management strategies; able to describe value add and savings in a strategic context in a complex commercial environment.
- Understanding of sourcing and procurement methodologies, ideally within a regulated or 4 public sector environment.
- Developing, delivering, and implementing contract management plans evidencing commercial management and delivery at senior level in complex and high value environments.
- Developing effective supplier relationships and the ability to resolve issues in performance or variations in supply without the need for legal or contractual recourse, working in partnership to deliver continuous improvement and innovation for all parties including complex performance management and incentivisation mechanisms.
- Effectively influencing senior stakeholders with or without authority projecting personal impact and credibility at all levels (including senior) of the organisation and the external market, demonstrating an ability to influence, persuade and effectively communicate.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a demanding workload whilst balancing both operationally urgent and important tasks to deliver to deadlines aligned with strong project management capabilities gained through practical professional experience,
- Evidence of inspirational and inclusive leadership, developing a professional culture and building commercial capability. Empowers team members through coaching, mentoring, and sharing of expertise/knowledge.
- Working knowledge of purchasing processes and systems (Purchase-to-Pay).
- CIPS qualification / IACCM certification (or working towards).
- Experience of designing and implementing category strategies.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 01925 377 878. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.