We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager in London.
Pay rate: PAYE 426.57-435.10 per day/UMB 550-561 per day.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
In this role you will be expected to undertake Category Management, contributing to delivering Commercial Excellence, providing a customer focused service, understanding the business need and stakeholder drivers, with the aim of becoming a trusted commercial advisor. You will also develop relationships with key and strategic suppliers, driving value for money and risk management excellence across the category.
- Strategic delivery and management within a category:
o Understanding commercial strategy and feeding into planning based on commercial approaches that deliver requirements that are in line with business needs, category strategies and market trends.
o Feeding into the development of category strategies and delivery of sourcing requirement within Commercial Services, as part of the team supporting business as usual and project activities.
o Understanding demand by forecasting and planning requirements with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
o Developing and maintaining category plans for key spend areas.
- Understands relevant sourcing options and analysis, and delivers positive outcomes through the procurement process:
o Leading on end-to-end strategic sourcing activities for the client and serving as a subject matter expert.
o Working with key stakeholders to develop a clear and agreed view of business requirements, and supporting business units in articulating their commercial requirements.
o Advising and providing professional guidance throughout the sourcing process, considering and evaluating a range of sourcing models.
o Leading development of commercial input into business cases, demonstrating a project’s benefits, value for money and risk.
o Identifying opportunities to develop collaborative partnerships with suppliers.
o Provides a procurement service which delivers demonstrable value for money and compliant goods and services contracts as part of a team of procurement professionals on larger procurement activities, including driving productivity opportunities with existing supply base to deliver further savings.
o Responsible for negotiation with 3rd parties where necessary, and has knowledge and experience relating to commercial negotiation techniques.
o Understanding and being accountable for sourcing compliance and frameworks.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, able to define and execute planning against a sourcing strategy and plan for spend categories or groups of sub-categories.
- Category Management experience and knowledge.
- Experience in the commercial delivery of successful technology, digital and data projects and in the procurement and contract management of technology products, goods and services.
- Excellent understanding of sourcing and procurement methodologies, as well as relevant Public Sector processes, policy and governance.
- Conversant with procurement policies, processes, procedures and governance mechanisms.
- Ability to lead negotiations with 3rd parties and successfully employ appropriate negotiating techniques based on category sourcing strategy.
- Highly effective communicator who can work with a range of stakeholders and senior managers.
- Ability to change and adapt in order to work effectively in a variety of situations.
- Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. You can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload whilst balancing both operationally urgent and important tasks to deliver to deadlines.
- A good level of understanding across category discipline.
- CIPS/IACCM/Commercial qualification or willing to work towards.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this role.