We are currently recruiting for a Correspondence Drafter in London.
Pay rate: PAYE £15.12 per hour/UMB £20.40 per hour.
Hours: 37 hours per week (hybrid working, 2-3 days working from home)
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
Every year the client deals with thousands of letters and e-mails from members of the public, MPs and stakeholders. Each of these interactions is an important opportunity to explain objectives and activities to people who care about the client’s agenda.
This post provides an excellent opportunity to develop a deep understanding of the client’s customers and the issues they care about. This is a fast-paced team that works closely with ministerial and policy teams on correspondence and parliamentary questions, covering issues across the Client’s area.
- Drafting responses to correspondence from the public, MPs, and key stakeholders.
- Working with Private Offices to ensure that drafts take account of Ministerial preferences.
- Liaising with policy teams to obtain the latest information in order to respond to customer enquiries on the client’s business.
- Drafting replies to parliamentary questions for ministers.
- Assisting with the preparation of ministerial packs ahead of oral parliamentary questions.
- Developing a comprehensive case management system to ensure cases are processed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Working across teams to develop best practice and set high standards across the unit.
- Completing correspondence to a high standard and within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and collaboration skills both verbally and in writing.
- Be willing and able to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Proactively manage and prioritise work to produce high quality and timely drafts.
- Build relationships across a range of stakeholders including policy experts, Ministers’ Private Offices, and external agencies.
- Draw key information from a range of sources.
- Review own work and strive to improve on the service being provided to the Department and our customers.
- Work as part of a team.
- Be flexible and adaptable in supporting others across the unit.
- Demonstrate excellent judgment and initiative.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.