We are currently recruiting for an Environment Advisor in London.
Pay rate: £42,232 to £50,385 per annum.
Contract duration: Permanent position.
The Environment Advisor fulfils a key role within the Environment and Sustainability Team, with responsibilities for coordination and management of the client’s environmental programme.
- Manage the coordination, implementation and maintenance of the Environmental Management System (EMS) aligned to ISO 14001, including:
- Managing the Sustainability Management Programme (SMP) including: development of the annual implementation plan; leading on the implementation of specific technical plan activities; coordinating quarterly reporting and managing the quarterly governance board; coordinating the annual performance review; and, managing the annual Environment and Sustainability Report
- Maintaining the EMS, including review and updating of the Environmental Policy, Aspects and Impacts register, Environmental Legislation Register, Environmental Risks register, environmental guidance/standards documents, and EMS procedures
- Lead on the development and implementation of the Greater London Authority (GLA) Group Responsible Procurement (RP) Policy, and coordinate input to procurement in the form of environmental specifications at each stage of the procurement process (Business Case, PQQ, ITT, Tender Evaluation, contract requirements, etc)
- Manage the environmental performance of the FM supply chain, including:
- Undertaking the strategic annual review of the FM supply chain environmental management plan
- Managing the monthly review of FM supplier environmental performance
- Assure the quality of supply chain Environmental Management Plans (EMPs)
- Maintain relationships with the supply chain through forums and events
- Manage organisational environmental/sustainability training, communications and awareness by:
- Rolling out the Environmental Awareness Campaign to employees and suppliers, and maintaining the network of environmental champions
- Advice and guidance to internal stakeholders on environmental requirements and best practice
- Disseminate awareness to employees in regard to reporting environmental incidents to the FM helpdesk
- Ability to work with comms, management and climate adaptations. Will be involved in energy and carbon and waste and resource projects.
- Also working with wildlife crime unit.
- Be able to take responsibility for environmental sustainability. Be used to working with high powered individuals.
- Need to be involved with procurement.
- Have strong report writing skills – A lot of numeracy involved in certain projects.
- Individual needs to be degree educated with relevant science or engineering or geography. Ideally min of 3 years’ experience. IEMA is ideal and also open to recent graduates.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this role.