We are currently recruiting for an Estates Building Surveyor in Preston.
Pay rate: 20.14 per hour.
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week, Office based.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
To be responsible for the day to day responsive repair works, statutory compliance, minor projects, and planned works to all the buildings within the client’s property portfolio, ensuring that all buildings are safe, well maintained and fully compliant for staff and visitors.
- To provide professional, technical and management advice on a wide range of building maintenance and construction issues.
- To establish, document and manage the processes to provide our customers with an efficient, communicated and cost effective responsive (day to day) reactive & maintenance service.
- Plan, design and coordinate minor refurbishment and modernisation schemes.
- Assist with the management and forecast of annual spend, using whole life cycle cost techniques, ensuring work is within budget.
- Work within Corporate Procurement financial regulations and standing orders to ensure compliance and that expenditure is controlled and all schemes are completed within financial parameters and on time.
- To prepare briefs, specifications, drawings, schedules and other contract documents to enable competitive tendering for the programmed maintenance schemes & building projects, ensuring that the design and maintenance within the client’s building stock meets legislative and health & safety requirements.
- To undertake a wide range of Building Surveying activities including design, contract administration, defect analysis, schedules of condition and dilapidations.
- To assume the role of Project Manager of schemes including supervision of the works, monitoring of Health and Safety, environmental awareness and ensuring that acceptable quality standards of workmanship and performance is always achieved.
- To undertake full condition surveys of all the properties used by the client and to prepare a fully costed and prioritised 5-year programme, for future maintenance & planned programme schemes.
- To provide leverage in each business area within the Estates Department supporting in-house Project Managers, Building Services Engineers and Estates Support Officers.
- Examine and review reports, specifications, submissions, drawings and calculations issued for various projects.
- Take responsibility to monitor the legal and statutory obligation around the management of asbestos. Keep up to date records of location and condition.
- Commission, organise and assess the work of contractors, monitoring their performance and checking invoices submitted prior to sign off and payment
- To be responsible for management of building repairs & maintenance contracts, statutory inspections & contracts and remedial works to all the client’s buildings.
- To deal with building pathology issues, fault diagnosis and defect rectification.
- Prepare and present reports.
- To ensure the Health and Safety of occupants, visitors, contractors and all other users of the client’s properties. Undertake duties, which may be reasonably allocated to the post holder as a result of legislation, Codes of Practice and the client’s policies relating to Health, Safety and Welfare.
- To understand and clearly define our customer’s reasonable expectations, develop and strengthen client relationships whilst providing a premium service, keeping them informed at all times of progress on individual projects and jobs and making them aware of technical and financial implications. Utilising standard department documentation.
- To supervise, mentor and develop work colleagues as appropriate.
- To assist in the appointment and supervision of specialist consultants.
- To work with procurement in the development of framework briefs to enable contractor frameworks and service contracts to be provided
- Work with customers and colleagues to ensure delivery of effective communication and management of expectations, adopting a customer focussed approach.
- To be responsible for improving your performance by participating in the Professional Development Review (PDR) process with your manager.
- To carry out any other duties which are consistent with the nature, responsibilities and grading of the post
- Must have a Degree in Building Surveying, Qualification in relevant Health & Safety area e.g. NEBOSH or IOSH and Professional membership of RICS or CIOB.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.