We are currently recruiting for an Estates Project Manager in Preston.
Pay rate: 18.25-20.14 per hour.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
Department: Facilities & Environmental Services
Management of Estates project work in line with Estates strategy, utilising Project Management methodology. Providing effective project management on refurbishment and development projects across the client’s area.
- Responsible for project delivery in line with the Project Lifecycle, ensuring delivery to time, cost and quality.
- Completion of project management collateral in a timely fashion and adherence to Project Management methodology
- Leading Estates schemes, supervision of works, monitoring of Health and Safety, ensuring that acceptable quality standards of workmanship and performance are achieved, assuring payment certificates to contractors and overseeing handover and commissioning.
- Management of project finances, working within Corporate Procurement financial regulations and standing orders to ensure compliance and that expenditure is controlled and all schemes are completed within budget and on time and agree final accounts with the contractors.
- Utilising existing frameworks for the procurement of contractor and consultancy services to support the delivery of projects.
- Leading the procurement process on projects including preparation of tender documents
- Ensuring all projects are governed and assured, adhering to Estates project methodology.
- Leading project meetings including progress meetings, governance meetings, and design team meetings.
- In conjunction with QS (where applicable) produce project cost and cash flow models and manage all project finances, including project variations and final accounts.
- Managing the design of projects working with either the in-house design team and/or external design team personnel.
- Prepare, submit and monitor planning and building regulation applications through to approval
- To be responsible for improving your performance by participating in the Professional Development Review (PDR) process with your manager
- Demonstrate a strong personal commitment to delivering and achieving value for money, whilst providing high quality service
- HNC or relevant qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 4 in a Building / Construction related subject or willing to work towards within 3 years
- Prince2 or equivalent Project Management qualification, e.g. MSP Practitioner, MAPM, Agile, APMP
- Substantial experience of providing customer advice in a busy and often demanding environment, dealing with a wide range of technical and administrative queries
- Experience of managing multiple construction projects. Ability to work on own initiative, investigating problems, developing solutions and taking appropriate timely action to resolve them.
- Experience in facilitating the coordination of CDM projects and carrying out client duties under CDM Regulations
- Knowledge and experience of negotiating and administrating industry standard construction contracts including JCT and NEC
- Demonstrable experience of scheduling projects using Microsoft Project
- Knowledge and experience of Building Regulations, Codes of Practice and other relevant statutory legislation, for example, the Disability Discrimination Act
- Experience of chairing meetings and/or project teams
- Demonstrate self-motivation and willingness to develop self with the role
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.