We are currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant in Hindlip.
Pay rate: 23,100-25,353 per annum.
Hours: Full time
Contract duration: Permanent position.
Responsible for the day to day management of financial transactions within the OPCC, specifically on Accounts Payable for the estates team. Ensuring that Purchase Orders are raised, matched to invoices, and paid promptly. Support the Finance Analyst, Senior Finance Officer, and the Estates team to ensure the proper administration and recording of spend and income.
- To raise defined purchase orders and ensuring compliance with the Financial and Contracts Regulations through the e-procurement system. Ensuring purchase orders are raised efficiently to enable approval in a timely manner.
- To manage the effective goods receipting of works completed to ensure invoices are processed effectively through the e-procurement system. Allocation of Non-Pop Invoices to budget holders and GRN Pop invoices relating to Access Maintain invoices.
- To actively manage all Purchase Orders, commitments, and accruals to ensure that they are being actioned promptly and appropriately. Where appropriate to amend, close and delete orders that are no longer required.
- To provide advice to the Facilities Coordinators & Projects Administration and the rest of the estates team on the processing of goods and services and the effective management of the Purchasing system.
- Resolve queries relating to outstanding invoices and commitments on the system, working alongside the Facilities Coordinator and Projects Administrator to ensure that suppliers are paid accurately for works undertaken and that payments are made promptly.
- To monitor budget allocations, specifically in relation to account payable and receivables that are shown on the finance system, to ensure that the set budgets are not overspent through raising Purchase Orders.
- To work with the Purchasing Team in the BoC to ensure that suppliers are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
- Overseeing contact with contractors and suppliers to resolve queries relating to invoices and managing any mismatch between POs and invoices. Setting up new suppliers onto the finance systems and ensuring that the administration of payments is minimised to allow effective management of contracts.
- To monitor and report on supplier performance to identify where action is required, escalating where necessary to the Finance Analyst.
- To interrogate the finance system and analysis of spend data to respond to queries and ad hoc work requests.
- Ensure that all income is correctly invoiced for and to ensure that sales invoices are paid by clients.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
- Proficient in the use of IT systems including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as the ability to work independently, pro-actively and to take responsibility for an area of work assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with staff at all levels.
- Process orientated with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Experience in a procurement/buying/requisitioning environment.
- Experience of office systems and e-procurement system.
- Working within a busy front line operational environment and service.
- Have experience with large volumes of data and spreadsheets.
- Being in a finance environment and using finance systems.
- Experience of Public Procurement regulations.
- Providing a customer focused service.
- Working with Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) systems.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this role.