We are currently recruiting for an Fixed Penalty Notice Assistant in Manchester.
Pay rate: PAYE 10.47 Per Hour
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
Department: Specialist Operations
To provide efficient clerical and administrative duties necessary to progress related traffic offences and penalty notices for disorder received in the Central Ticket Office (CTO).
- Retrieve accurate information from all forms of Camera Detection Devices and media.
- Accurately view, process and interpret offences and where necessary perform secondary checks.
- Accurately input / import information from original offence onto the appropriate national system e.g. Pentip.
- To update the computer to record all stages in the processing of the Notice of Intended Prosecution, Section 172 Request for Information, Fixed Penalty Notice and conditional offers.
- Assist in the validation of input and accessing of information when required checking Notices and verifying queries with appropriate internal individuals.
- Liaise with Local Authorities, Her Majesty Courts and Tribunal Service (HMCTS), Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) and various other outside agencies.
- Maintain manual / computer records, record and scan any documents in relation to Fixed Penalty Notices processing and associated filing.
- Collate / print all associated standardised forms produced by computer and pass it for posting.
- Prepare files on receipt of letter of mitigation and other correspondence and process, updating manual and computer records, sending standard first responses in accordance with local and national policy.
- Deal with telephone queries and any visitors to the office.
- Handle cash, cheques, postal orders, driving licences and maintain records accordingly.
- Open internal and external post. Evaluate correspondence and distribute throughout the office as and when required.
- Ability to use various office equipment such as photocopier, scanners, computer etc. Complete general office duties including updating, amending, and retrieving of files.
- Check evidence available for omissions and discrepancies within all notices, make appropriate enquiries and prepare file for further action including court process, and holding bay.
- Research and analyse queries from all CTO customers including the public and undertake a suitable course of action in line with current policies/procedures.
- Attend court when necessary as a witness to confirm your involvement in the process.
- Utilise standard and in house computer applications e.g. Microsoft Word/Excel, PNC, Pentip.
- Mentor staff in relation to all administrative processes within CTO, for example downloading camera data/images, processing of images etc.
- To review system exception reports produced by the various computer systems such as, Pentip, PNC, and undertake a suitable course of action in line with the current policies and procedures.
- Responsible for sending the cancellation of a fine registration at an individual’s Local Magistrates Court, ensuring confirmation of cancellation by telephone, email and/ or letter.
- Oversee the transfer of roadside deposit payments to Her Majesty Courts and Tribunal Service (HMCTS) ensuring integrity of such.
Apply online or contact Lucia De Felice on 07425 757587. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.