We are currently recruiting for a Forensic Collision Investigator in Ealing.
Pay rate: PAYE 272.40 per day/UMB 300-350 per day.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
To provide an expert Forensic Collision Investigation service, compliant with current legislative and regulatory standards and to assist with the FCI report Quality Assurance process.
- Provide analysis of vehicle borne data and conduct specialist technical and mechanical examinations of all type of vehicle under relevant legislation to identify offences, substantiate allegations of mechanical failure and ensure that procedures are conducted in line with national requirements.
- Produce reconstruction reports ensuring by applying correct scientific principles and ensure conclusions reached are valid and supported by the available evidence.
- Critically review reports, confirming that correct scientific principles and conclusions reached are valid and supported by available evidence.
- Assist FCIB supervisors in maintaining the Quality Assurance of FCIB investigations.
- Provide expert evidence and opinion to the investigation team and the Courts, whilst ensuring that at all times you remain within your competence and expertise, in order to provide a professional and unbiased account.
- Maintain appropriate records of reconstruction investigations and exhibits to ensure accurate audit trails and to support the criminal justice process.
- Ensure compliance with the Forensic Science Regulator’s codes, ISO standards, Criminal and Civil Procedure Rules to provide a high quality of service.
- Maintain personal competence in accordance with ISO and regulatory standards and evidence continued professional development to NPCC requirements.
- Hold a recognised qualification in Forensic Collision Investigation at a minimum level 4 (Certificate of Higher Education) with experience of working as a Forensic Collision Investigator.
- Hold an appropriate qualification in the field of forensic automotive engineering with current working knowledge of modern motor technology, equipment and products.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Qualified to analyse the following data sources for collision reconstruction and proven experience of doing so: CCTV & Digital Tachograph
- Experience of maintaining and testing a wide range of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Good communication skills with the ability to listen to others.in accordance with the varied needs of differing situations, individuals, groups, and communities.
- Able to produce concise reports or other documents and present evidence in court and at other hearings.
- Skilled in the use of standard IT packages, systems and/or databases to fulfil role requirements, including creating visual records for forensic investigations.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this role.