We are currently recruiting for a Homelessness Prevention Officer in Swinton.
The role of a Homelessness Prevention Officer involves providing customers with housing advice with a strong focus on preventing homelessness, and where homelessness cannot be prevented to assist with finding alternative accommodation, and making decisions in line with homelessness legislation when required.
- To model and demonstrate our values and behaviours.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Ability to work methodically, applying problem solving skills
- Ability to understand and explain detailed information
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritising workload, managing multiple demands and a busy workload whilst meeting deadlines
- Ability to work unsupervised and at times alone, using own initiative
- Interviewing skills
- Ability to negotiate and mediate appropriate solutionsProficient in use of IT including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Demonstrates a desire to take ownership of own area of work
- Ability to develop strong relationships and joint working to improve outcomes for homeless households
- Ability to work with people to resolve their housing issues in a way that enables homeless households to seek their own solutions
- Demonstrate a commitment to making the best use of resources available to resolve the housing needs of clients presenting to the service
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.