We are currently recruiting for a Housing Solutions Officer in Manchester.
Pay rate: 14.67 Per hour.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
As Housing Solutions Officer based with Inreach / Outreach Team, the officer will work to deliver the Council’s statutory duties regarding the Homeless Reduction Act (2017). The Housing Solutions Officer works with people with a wide variety of needs to help them in finding a new home when this becomes necessary. The role of a Housing Solutions Officer is a customer focussed service supporting people who can be facing many challenges. The role holder needs a resilient and empathic approach with strong negotiation and conciliation skills to support applicants to find a realistic solution to their housing problem. The role holder needs to possess good investigation skills and be a confident decision maker.
- Establish and maintain relationships with service users to challenge their existing patterns of behaviour. Work proactively with appropriate stakeholders to assess the individual’s needs and ensure positive outcomes.
- Provide support and advice to service users which provide the opportunity to engage with appropriate local and national organised and community-based services.
- Monitor, evaluate and review assessments as required determining suitable adjustments to ensure that service users can achieve their agreed goals.
- Work with colleagues and stakeholders to produce plans that use service users individual needs to identify and reduce their vulnerability to risk situations.
- Promote the service strategies across the organisation and to other statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Closely work with partner agencies and stakeholders by contributing and participating in new initiatives to support independence and opportunities for vulnerable residents of Manchester.
- Ensure all records, processes and systems are up to date and maintained to assist with data collection and performance management.
- To maintain a level of flexibility in regard to job role, and when required to undertake management duties, either through direct line management of a team (including appraisals, performance management and other duties).
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 01925 377 878. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this role.