We are currently recruiting for an Information Access Administrator in London.
Pay rate: £16.68 per hour.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
Your primary role as part of the team will be to provide support to the Senior and Information Managers to ensure the smooth and efficient processing of these requests within the statutory deadline. This will entail liaising regularly with SO units and providing advice and guidance to ensure compliance, where necessary.
- Ensure the FOIA and ROAR Excel databases are up to date and all requests are recorded and responded to within the given timeframe.
- Monitor the unit mailbox to ensure requests are actioned promptly.
- Validate requests by assessment against legal requirements.
- Identify requests, which may require an early resolution/completion.
- Conduct prior research on the Cyc Freedom database or through web-based searches for information that is already in the public domain.
- Liaise with applicants in writing and recording on the relevant systems.
- Follow up requests to ensure information sought is received within the specified timeframe.
- Act as a point of contact for stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Respond to queries or escalating where necessary.
- Provide guidance on FOIA and ROARs to officers and staff with support of line management.
- Basic knowledge of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA).
- Basic knowledge of the Data Protection Act 1998 & 2018.
- Basic understanding of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- A proven ability to manage competing demands to meet deadlines, whilst maintaining a high standard of work.
- Ability to remain calm whilst working under pressure and unsupervised.
- Demonstrate good organisational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience of managing databases.
- A proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively both in writing and verbally with senior stakeholders and staff at all levels.
- Ability to be proactive and use own initiative.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Previous experience in an administrator role.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.