We are currently recruiting for an Internet Intelligence Investigation Officer in Putney.
Pay rate: 18.72 per hour
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
- The role holder will gather and develop internet intelligence by researching data systems and providing information, intelligence products and reports utilising open and closed intelligence sources, in order to collaboratively support the analysts, researchers and police officers working under the Strategic Intelligence and Briefing Team (SIB).
- The post holder will support the wider objectives of the SIB, which is the identification and assessment of risk, briefing and coordination of the flow of intelligence relating to aggravated activism, strategic protest and significant public order events across the United Kingdom (UK) to identify and mitigate risk, harm and threat. They will play a key role in this through the proactive intelligence development of individuals and groups responsible for this threat and risk.
- The role holder will also use open source intelligence to identify opportunities and support the ongoing work of the SIB, and be a subject matter expert in this area of work.
- Establish the requirements of key stakeholders to ensure that these are met.
- Gather and develop internet intelligence by researching data systems and providing information, intelligence products and reports utilising open and closed intelligence sources.
- Interrogate appropriate technical resources including national systems, open source and external databases: extracting effectively and efficiently to provide a high level of service to NPoCC SIB.
- Undertake special investigative and speculative searches where required in support of SIB intelligence development.
- Provide open source intelligence support to the SIB’s thematic pods in respect of national strategic protest themes and trends.
- Promote internet intelligence within the SIB and support the delivery of training within this area of work.
- Be proactive in identifying new methods of research, tools and software to enhance the open source capability of the SIB.
- Act as a subject matter expert for advice and guidance to SIB staff on all matters relation to internet intelligence and open source research.
- Ability to explain technical language relating to internet investigation to ensure the gathered material can be understood.
- Ability to prepare complex evidential ‘internet intelligence’ products and present at court as required.
- Excellent knowledge of computer operating systems.
- Advanced Internet Intelligence training.
- Knowledge and experience of Open Source Tactics.
- Ability to research and interrogate to a high level police information, intelligence systems and open source intelligence.
- Knowledge of advanced internet investigation techniques.
- Knowledge of what data can be captured from devices, digital media and emails.
- Ability to ensure that all activities and research are compliant with RIPA, Computer Misuse Act, ECHRA and DPA legislation.
- A high degree of self-motivation, personal responsibility and organisation.
- Able and willing to work shifts.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.