We are currently recruiting for an Investigative Coach in London.
Pay rate: PAYE 233.57 per day/UMB 289 per day.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
Department: Human Resources & Training
To meet all new officers and induct them onto the programme — agreeing a contract with them and setting monthly development meetings to discuss progress and impart professional knowledge. A live coaching document will ensure that notes of meetings, agreed actions and plans are open to scrutiny and allow for accountability.
Throughout, you’ll develop optimal performance of the officer, review and discuss incidents with them to support critical thinking skills to decide how incidents, crime scenes, investigations have gone and how they might approach similar situations in the future. In addition, you’ll work with their line managers to gain a rounded view of needed development and learning. To also will provide ‘in the moment’ support and guidance, facilitating officers’ activities by providing professional knowledge and guidance in a coaching style. Examples of such TDC activities would include planning investigations, court appearances, taking of witness statements, recorded interviews, liaising with external partner agencies and more. These coaching inputs may take place in our client’s buildings or with the TDC as they carry out these activities in live time away from the office.
- Substantial and evidenced experience in the conduct of investigations and interviews as a Detective Constable or Detective Sergeant in a PIP2 role.
- A good working knowledge of criminal law and of the criminal justice system.
- A high level of interpersonal, written, and oral skills.
- The ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- A methodical approach to work and the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- To have an awareness of equality and diversity issues in the working environment.
- To have an awareness of the PC to DC career pathway.
- To have recent experience of investigation within the Frontline Policing environment.
- Presentation skills.
- A working knowledge of, or be prepared to have refresher training on CRIS, EWMS, Merlin, COPA and CRIMINT systems.
- To have an understanding of data protection issues in criminal investigations.
- To have a flexible approach to problem solving.
- The ability to facilitate the development of others.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe/Lucia De Felice on 01925 377878. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org/Terri@Peelsolutions.co.uk for more information on this role.