We are currently recruiting for an Investigative Officer in Blackpool.
Pay rate: £17.58 per hour.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
To manage and participate in a wide range of evidence-gathering and crime-investigation duties for Serious and Complex crime and to ensure that any evidence obtained is recorded, secured, and preserved in a timely and appropriate manner. To interview suspects and provide support and assistance to other investigations as required by supervision.
- Provide an investigative response to incidents and received intelligence
- Secure, preserve and gather evidence within Investigations in order to prove or disprove information and establish facts.
- Conduct serious and complex criminal investigations, plan and manage own workload, and retain responsibility as the officer-in-case.
- Provide support to victims and witnesses and assess their need for further support throughout the criminal justice process.
- Interview victims and witnesses and obtain statements in relation to serious and complex investigations.
- Interview suspects in relation to serious and complex criminal investigations.
- To use internal IT systems to research and maintain records regarding individuals and investigations.
- Complete comprehensive investigation reports and case files.
- To support, where required, the investigation of priority and volume crime.
- Qualified to PIP Level 1.
- PIP level 2 trained and accredited or willing to complete the PIP2 programme within 12 months of attending the course.
- Conducting successful Volume and Priority Crime investigations, both proactive and re active.
- Gathering critical evidence by interviewing victims, significant witnesses, and suspects.
- Experience and knowledge of the Criminal Justice System relating to the PACE Act, including searching premises, handling exhibits, interviewing suspects, and CPIA 1996, relating to disclosure.
- Maintaining & interrogating computerised systems and manual filing systems
- Experience of dealing with members of the public.
- Communicating at all levels with a wide range of audiences.
- Experience of working effectively and efficiently as part of a team, and working with minimal supervision.
- Working on own initiative, investigating problems, developing solutions and taking appropriate timely action to resolve them.
- Experience of dealing with difficult situations or conflict.
Apply online or contact Lucia De Felice on 07425 757587. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.