We are currently recruiting for a MAPPA Administrator in Preston.
Pay rate: 10.90 per hour.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
Department: Admin & Clerical
To provide comprehensive admin and word-processing support to the Public Protection Team and Territorial BCU. Responsible for administrating Multi Agency Public Protection Meetings. This will involve travelling to various locations for the purpose of recording minutes of Multi Agency meetings and supporting other Multi Agency forums.
- Interrogation of police databases and research of relevant information to assist in the identification and management of risk and protecting vulnerable people.
- Preparation, sharing and distribution of reports and documents necessary for a multi-agency approach to protecting people vulnerable and managing risks posed.
- To attend Multi Agency Risk Management Conferences and take minutes, producing accurate records and distributing the same. This will primarily be to support MAPPA although where required will also to be to support MARAC and other Multi Agency meetings.
- To assist in developing and maintaining a central administration system for multi-agency processes.
- Providing close administrative support for the Detective Inspector and Detective Sergeant including word processing, electronic mailing and the preparation of statistical data.
- Diary management for multi-agency meetings and other operational commitments.
- Liaison with and working in conjunction with a variety of internal departments and external agencies.
- Communicating with members of the public, victims, witnesses, and other professionals from outside agencies, divisions and departments.
- Assisting in the production and development of presentations to single and multi-agency audiences.
- To comply with the requirements of the PPU Occupational Health and Welfare Policy.
- To carry out any other duties which are consistent with the nature, responsibilities and grading of the post.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working in an administrative/clerical role within a busy office environment dealing with confidential information.
- Experience of taking minutes of meetings and producing timely and accurate records of those meetings
- Experience of dealing with members of the public and working in partnership with other departments and agencies
- Experience of filing, categorising and coding information quickly and accurately
- Experience of working with minimal supervision, organising and prioritising own workload
- Experience of working on own initiative, investigating problems, developing solutions and taking appropriate timely action to resolve them
- Experience of producing accurate written information and demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Experience of inputting, updating and maintaining computerised and manual filing/recording systems.
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team
- Experience of maintaining strict confidentiality, using tact and diplomacy where applicable
- Knowledge of Health & Safety, Data Protection and Equality Act principles.
– Intermediate typing/word processing/audio qualification i.e. RSA II, ULCI III, IBT2, ECDL &/or ability to type at 35 wpm
– Customer Service Qualification or proof of attending an in-house training course in customer service
– A qualification in the use of IT based technology using windows systems i.e. CLAIT
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this role.