We are currently recruiting for an Operations Assistant in Bury.
Pay rate: 10.60 per hour.
Hours: Candidate will be working a weekly shift pattern from 6am to 2pm and from 2pm to 10pm.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
To provide a service to Administrative Buildings in respect of security, maintenance and cleaning to ensure premises conform to standards required under the Health and Safety at Work Act and provide customer service to staff and visitors.
- Unlock and deactivate the security alarms of the premises in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Check satisfactory operation of heating systems, monitor and check building temperatures where applicable.
- Check all internal/external fabrics and finishes throughout the premises.
- Report any Security issues, Health and Safety hazards, leaks or repairs which are beyond your skills to the FM team.
- Sweep and clean the entrances to the buildings, jet wash when required.
- Assist with the day to day running, cleaning and preventive maintenance.
- Test fire alarm systems and maintain weekly records of testing.
- Assist with moving office furniture and equipment within the buildings.
- Clean entrance areas and litter pick the perimeter of the premises, car parks, and service yards.
- Before finishing the morning shift check toilet/cloakroom areas are stocked and replenished with toilet rolls, hand soap, hand towels, and detergent.
- Receive and deliver parcels and distribute to the relevant personnel.
- Provide helpful assistance and deal with inquiries and complaints from staff or visitors in an efficient, professional, and effective manner.
- Assist contactors attending the building making sure all documents are signed i.e., asbestos register, contractor sign in sheet.
- Remove waste to ensure areas are kept clean and tidy, adhering to the Councils recycling programme.
- Prepare the Council Chamber and any meeting rooms in readiness for meetings.
- Afternoon check toilet/cloakroom areas are stocked and replenished with toilet rolls, hand soap, hand towels, and detergent.
- Final check to the building making sure all doors and windows are locked.
- Lock and alarm the building.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this role.