We are currently recruiting for a Pensions Advisor in Preston.
Pay rate: 18.12-19.70 per hour.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
– To support the Pay and Pensions Manager in the delivery of pensions related issues and specific projects and to provide specialist advice to the Chief Officer Management team on pensions specific matters.
– To ensure that decision making, and policy & discretionary arrangements are in place to provide a framework for the effective management and administration of the client’s pension schemes.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to senior managers on pension related issues.
- Formulate and keep under review a pensions risk register to mitigate and manage the risks associated with the provision of the client’s pensions schemes.
- To service and support the Pensions Board and attend the North West Regional Police Pensions Board meetings, setting agendas and driving issues to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Lead on the development of and proposals for policy and procedural change to ensure continued compliance with pensions regulations and legislation.
- Keep abreast of national issues, including court cases, legislative/regulatory changes and any other Force wide issues relating to pensions that may impact the client.
- Ensure compliance with regulation, legislation, contractual entitlements, policies & procedures and any relevant national guidance in respect of pensions.
- To be the point of contact for the management and performance management of 3rd party pensions administration contracts. To include negotiating contracts; ensuring services are procured appropriately and implemented and maintained effectively.
- Regularly review and monitor the 3rd party pensions administration arrangements to ensure continued value for money and that service quality, standards and performance targets are met by the providers.
- To be the client’s pensions lead, representing the force at relevant regional and national events and being the force’s link with local and national pensions groups and associations.
- Support the Pay and Pensions Manager in the delivery of HR Key Performance Indicators and SLA’s.
- Assist the development of internal communication channels to promote and spread awareness of pensions across the client’s area.
- Monitor and keep under review data quality and data security in respect of the client’s pensions schemes.
- To develop and actively manage productive professional relationships with external and internal partners, customer groups and business areas; taking a lead role in meetings, working groups, and projects.
- Significant experience working at a senior level within a large and diverse public sector pensions arena.
- Knowledge of public sector pensions and in particular the Police Pension Scheme(s) and the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Have produced and presented high level management reports and information to inform management decisions at Board level.
- Experience of communicating in relation to complex pensions issues in a clear and simple manner at all levels throughout the organisation and providing technical advice.
- Experience of managing third party contractual arrangements including managing performance and ensuring standards & services are met and value for money is achieved through consultation and negotiation.
- Have worked within a highly regulated area and of developing associated policies and procedures to ensure legislatives requirements are met.
- Experience of managing risk including raising and escalating issue as necessary and at the appropriate level.
- Experience of managing multiple projects to successful conclusion
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.