We are currently recruiting for a Personal Assistant in Birkenhead.
Pay rate: PAYE 15.04 per hour/UMB 19 per hour.
Hours: 09:00am-17:15pm (Hybrid role)
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
- Act as a Personal Assistant to Directors/Commissioners by providing direct organisational, secretarial, and administrative support.
- Provide a route of communication in the Directors/Commissioners absence and ensure that progress is maintained on key issues.
- Filter and direct incoming telephone queries where they cannot be resolved at first contact identifying urgent/sensitive matters.
- Anticipate the core requirements of the Directors/Commissioners without need to be directed.
- Collate, disseminate, and control the distribution of mail and other documentation and information received or originated by the Directors/ Commissioners.
- Proactively screen emails for meeting requests/ meeting papers etc and ensure that these are either electronically filed, or a hard copy produced as per the individual needs of the Strategic Director.
- Collate the agenda and take minutes for strategic meetings and (if required) other directorate meetings and be responsible for the distribution of relevant papers.
- Collate the agenda and (if required) take minutes for meetings chaired by the Directors/Commissioners and be responsible for the distribution of relevant papers.
- Actively pursue matters arising from meetings and ensure they are acted upon in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidential electronic/manual files on behalf of Directors and Commissioners.
- Maintain the electronic diary on behalf of the Directors/Commissioners obtaining background papers, briefing notes and speeches as directed.
- Deal directly with Members of the public and wherever possible resolve or allocate initial enquires and complaints.
- Experience of Administration
- Secretarial/PA Experience to a Senior Manager
- Have worked within a pressurised environment
- Experience of maintaining confidentiality and credibility of an organisation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Legal Secretarial Skills.
- Ability to work with pace, energy, and resilience.
- Ability to work in a political environment.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to use MS Office software package Inc. Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook and maintain electronic outlook and office files.
- Ability to assimilate information and provide summaries to Senior Colleagues
- Minute Taking.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Effective communication skills including written and oral skills.
- Numeracy and Literacy Skills.
- Ability to use work with minimal supervision.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this role.