We are currently recruiting for a PIP2 Investigation Officer in Preston.
Pay rate: £17.58 per hour.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
To manage and participate in a wide range of evidence-gathering and crime-investigation duties for Serious and Complex crime and to ensure that any evidence obtained is recorded, secured and preserved in a timely and appropriate manner. To interview suspects and provide support and assistance to other investigations as required by supervision.
- Provide an investigative response to incidents and received intelligence.
- Secure, preserve and gather evidence within Investigations in order to prove or disprove information and establish facts.
- Conduct serious and complex criminal investigations, plan and manage own workload, and retain responsibility as the officer-in-case.
- Provide support to victims and witnesses and assess their need for further support throughout the criminal justice process.
- Interview victims and witnesses and obtain statements in relation to serious and complex investigations.
- Interview suspects in relation to serious and complex criminal investigations.
- Use internal IT systems to research and maintain records regarding individuals and investigations.
- Complete comprehensive investigation reports and case files.
- Present evidence to CPS.
- Be flexible in providing cover within the normal place of work and across the county.
- Support, where required, the investigation of priority and volume crime.
- Have conducted successful Volume and Priorty Crime crime investigations, both pro active and re active.
- Experience of investigating crime.
- Have gathered critical evidence by interviewing victims, significant witnesses and suspects.
- Experience and knowledge of the Criminal Justice System relating to the PACE Act, including searching premises, handling exhibits, interviewing suspects, and CPIA 1996, relating to disclosure.
- Experience of maintaining & interrogating computerised systems and manual filing systems
- Dealing with members of the public
- Communicating at all levels with a wide range of audiences.
- Working on own initiative, investigating problems, developing solutions and taking appropriate timely action to resolve them.
- Have dealt with difficult situations or conflict.
- PIP Level 1 trained and accredited
- PIP level 2 trained and accredited
Apply online or contact Lucia De Felice on 07425 757587. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this role.