We are currently recruiting for a PMO Planner in Kilburn.
Pay rate: PAYE 387.78 per day/UMB 500 per day.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
Department: Project Management
- Manage and deliver a high-quality planning function in order to minimise delivery risk.
- Manage and deliver an effective portfolio reporting and analysis function in order to enable prioritisation and Decision making.
- Champion and implement planning and reporting analysis, supporting the vision to attain a world-class transformation function.
- Lead and manage the creation, continuous improvement, and consistent use of planning and reporting tools and governance across the portfolio, setting and communicating processes, embedding good practice techniques and standards.
- Lead the completion of overall programme and portfolio monthly and quarterly reporting (including insights) across the postholder’s peer network (bringing together risk and issues, benefits, and planning inputs) that give a meaningful and collective narrative of progress.
- Work closely with the portfolio office leadership team, project and programme managers and PO stakeholders (including enabling functions) to understand the planning needs across the portfolio, delivering meaningful insights.
- Own the portfolio plan and roadmap.
- Provide overall direction and expertise for planning and reporting.
- Be the go-to expert for TD planning and reporting across the portfolio, providing guidance, signposting and good practice support.
- Apply advanced knowledge in the technical/professional discipline of planning and reporting, across the portfolio, providing meaningful insights and challenge to senior leadership.
- Work with the Portfolio manager to identify innovative ways of automating reporting capabilities across the portfolio.
- Manage the planning and reporting specialisms to help achieve the transformation directorate vision of becoming world class.
- Promote an outcome focused, collaborative culture in the specialism where everyone understands their role in achieving TD’s vision.
- Lead the long-term development and continuous improvement of planning and reporting capabilities, ensuring it is resourced with people who have the required skills, experience, and motivation to do their roles effectively.
- Ensure delivery of the planning and change control outputs and deliverables
- Ensure that there is effective provision of hands-on support and guidance to the programmes across the specialisms, ensuring consistency of approach, ways of working and processes.
- Create a single collective picture of each programme, and the portfolio as a whole, analysing inputs from risks and issues, benefits and planning.
- Lead the development and maintenance of plans relating to the specialisms within the portfolio office across programmes and the portfolio.
- Professional qualification in relevant field is desirable And / or
- Professional and/or graduate qualifications in business management or similar field, MSP or PRINCE 2 qualification is desirable
- Senior management within a complex change portfolio.
- Experience of influencing, negotiating with, and providing challenge to director-level stakeholders.
- Resolving and escalating risks, issues and conflicts as necessary within a complex change portfolio.
- Experience of managing suppliers and contractors, assuring quality and ensuring value for money.
- Experience of managing a team, setting a collaborative culture, building capability and creating an environment of continuous learning.
- Providing deep technical expertise in the area of specialism.
- Experience of setting standards in the area of specialism.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.