We are currently recruiting for a Project Support Officer in London.
Pay rate: PAYE 311.31-341.07 per day/UMB 400-439 per day.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
- The Project Support Officer will be task-managed day-to-day by the Programme or Project Manager(s) for the Change initiative they are allocated to. They will be line managed by a Project Manager, who will also be responsible for supporting personal development. The PSO will work flexibly across the change portfolio, deployed on specific change projects or programme(s) as requested by their Project Manager and/or the Head of PPM Services. The post holder may therefore work on multiple change projects at any time depending on the scale of change.
- The post holder will need to work flexibly to provide management and maintenance of specific project management documents and governance such as (but not limited to): Planning, control and reporting, risk management and issue resolution, quality management, utilising tools such as the risk and issue registers, project plans, assumptions and dependencies logs.
- Ensure overall project delivery is managed to a defined project plan, working with the team, business, suppliers and other relevant national Programmes to define key activities. The PSO will provide support to ensure the proactive management of risks and issues, dependencies, resources, costs and milestones associated with the implementation of projects.
- Ensure regular reporting requirements are maintained through working closely with the Change Pillar’s Portfolio & Change Management Office (PfMO), and that the project continues to adhere to required documentation standards.
- Understand the Project and Programme Management guidance and provide support in ensuring the programme/project complies with the agreed standards, approach and wider strategy of the Change pillar (based upon PRINCE2 and Managing Successful Programmes methodologies), with all necessary processes, standards and templates in place for the project to maintain this compliance;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and officers.
- On and off-board project/programme team members, as well as provide other administrative support to the team, as required by the Project Manager.
- Coordinate and manage Project Boards, ensuring the production of reporting packs, logistical coordination of meetings, and full administrative duties; minute taking, recording decision making and actions accurately in the appropriate project logs.
- Ensure control documentation is maintained and updated regularly, working with the Project Manager and wider team. (For example, Risks/Issues logs, Assumptions, Dependencies etc, as requested by Project or Programme Manager.)
- Administer the Change Control process through completion of required documentation and supporting related activities (impact assessments) in line with PfMO guidance.
- Support facilitation of workshops and assist in the development of project and programme deliverables or products.
- Enable the development of project Business Cases (and/or other stage gate documentation) through supporting tasks and activities as required by the Project Manager.
- Provide appropriate document and information management on behalf of the project; Ensuring project folders are kept tidy and well structured, with a document register for key items maintained throughout the lifecycle. Ensure appropriate classifications are applied to all documentation shared by the project/programme.
- Support the project manager to ensure solutions are effectively transitioned to a defined business as usual approach and the project is closed effectively, ensuring that any post-project reviews are appropriately established with the business.
- Enable the project manager, senior project manager and/or programme manager with ad hoc administrative requests as required, to enable the successful delivery of the project/programme.
- Must hold DV Clearance.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.