We are currently recruiting for a Rent Arrears Recovery Officer in London.
Pay rate: PAYE 17.53-19.00 per hour/UMB 21.71 per hour.
Hours: 36 hours per week (Hybrid working)
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
– To ensure the collection of rent arrears for Landlord and Non-landlord debts, through early intervention with an emphasis on personal contact with tenants.
– To prevent rent arrears from escalating in line with the client’s rent collection policies and procedures to prevent serious debt and homelessness
– To identify where tenants may be experiencing difficulty in meeting their commitment to pay rent (and other such bills as council tax) and be able to provide debt counseling and advice or referral to the Financial Inclusion Team.
– To refer tenants to internal and external support agencies, where appropriate, to ensure that the tenancy can be sustained, and the tenant is supported throughout.
– Responsible for monitoring rent accounts on an ongoing basis, to identify cases that require further enforcement action, particularly in relation to tenants with court orders, or who have introductory tenancies.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email Terri@peelsolutions.co.uk for more information on this role.