We are currently recruiting for a Reporting Manager in London.
Pay rate: PAYE 407.18 per day/UMB 525 per day
Working within the Portfolio Management Office (PfMO), the purpose of this role is to ensure effective development and management of effective reporting products for change governance, tracking and monitoring updates, managing escalations, and managing effective change control.
The role holder will need to work flexibly in periods of high demand. Whilst sitting under the team structure of the Portfolio Management Office (PfMO), the role holder acts as Centre of Excellence lead for Reporting and will:
- Provide support to projects or programmes to apply portfolio standards in governance, reporting and decision support, including facilitation of workshops and internal upskilling.
- Work with portfolio and external stakeholders to develop the tools, templates and guidance for reporting at project, programme and portfolio levels.
- Maintain Portfolio-level reporting controls.
In periods of high demand there could also be a requirement to provide support to the Portfolio RAID or Planning Managers.
- Produce consistently high quality, accurate and relevant portfolio level governance reporting products (e.g., delivery RAG, achievement of milestones, risks and issues, realisation of benefits, financial data, resource / workforce data etc).
- Manage portfolio reporting cycles, ensuring highlight / progress reports are submitted into the Portfolio Office in accordance with reporting timelines and appropriate summary reports / dashboards are prepared to enable effective decision making.
- Ensure proactive agenda planning including a clear understanding of each agenda item and the decisions required.
- Ensure effective minutes (at portfolio or programme level as appropriate) are taken, maintained and accessible – including consistently high-quality records of discussions, actions and decisions.
- Day-to-day management of the Portfolio Change Control Request (CCR) template and process, ensuring that all change governance decisions and actions are proactively followed through effectively and audited appropriately.
Centre of Excellence:
- Develop, maintain and implement robust, effective and efficient reporting approach and processes, and provide associated guidance and tools required, at portfolio, programme and project levels.
- Ensure consistent reporting standards are being applied across the national and London CT & PS change portfolios, working with Programme PMOs to achieve.
- Manage effective and efficient standards, practices and processes, ensuring that all parts of the reporting framework are managed in a consistent and controlled way, so that the deliverables needed by the CTPHQ Change Pillar are correct, timely and fit for purpose.
- Use experience and lessons learned to provide best practice guidance to support successful delivery of the projects and programmes within portfolio.
- Provide reporting expertise at national and London CT & PS portfolio level, and act as a ‘critical friend’, ensuring reporting is realistic and enables decision making.
- Experience of delivering reporting in a project or programme management environment, including escalation processes.
- Experience of establishing and implementing reporting and change control mechanisms in a project and/or programme or business environment.
- Experience of strategic or change governance board minute taking.
- Experience of providing coaching and guidance to promote adherence to standards.
- Knowledge of and direct experience in applying programme and project management approaches such as MSP and PRINCE2.
- Previous experience of working in (local) government, a security agency or policing.
- A clear understanding and knowledge of CT Policing including its London (MPS), National (UK Force wide) and international responsibilities; including a clear understanding of CT Policing relationships to Government, security and intelligence agencies and legislative process including their governance arrangements desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Good facilitation skills, with the ability to elicit information and agreement from different types of stakeholders.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to analyse and use portfolio, programme and / or project management information / data to support effective decision making.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring that reporting and change control products are accurate and contain the necessary information to support effective decision making.
- Highly organised and able to meet demanding deadlines in a pressured environment.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Self-starter, confident and capable of working both independently and collaboratively to tight deadlines with plenty of initiative.
- Strong IT skills in the use of Microsoft Products, especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
– P3O Certification (Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices): Practitioner and/or recognised industry equivalent qualification
– Prince 2 Foundation
– MSP Foundation
– Project Planning & Control: Foundation
– Management of Risk (M_O_R): Foundation
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 01925 377 878. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.