We are currently recruiting a Safeguarding Investigator based in Welwyn Garden City.
Main purpose of the role:
Investigate offences involving research, evidence and intelligence gathering. Utilise designated powers to search, investigate and pursue enquiries. Prepare and upgrade case files and process prisoners. Attend and give evidence at court as necessary. To provide administrative support to enable the efficient provision of service. To contribute to achieving the Force vision, purpose and values.
- Responsible for the collection of all relevant documentation, information or data that will be required by the investigation to form an overall picture of the circumstances of the case including the application for and execution of search warrants.
- Undertake searches of premises of arrested or detained individuals and where appropriate seize and take control of items for further investigation.
- Interview suspects (alone or with colleagues) including using inferences, ensuring at all times the correct treatment of the detained individual.
- Accurately gather information, working closely and communicating with all levels of the Constabulary, other Police Forces and external organisations, analysing and interpreting data and bringing any new evidence or intelligence in the enquiry to the notice of the lead investigator
- Identify appropriate witnesses and obtain statements including the further arrest of a suspect when at a police station and using inferences ensuring at all times the correct treatment of the detained individual
- Produce written evidence and, where necessary and appropriate deliver that evidence in court
- To prepare briefing material and contribute at team briefings.
Apply online or contact Lucia De Felice on 07425757587. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.