We are currently recruiting a Security Officer based in Preston.
• To maintain the security of the Constabulary’s Headquarters and satellite sites.
• To control entry and egress of persons and vehicles on the Constabulary’s sites to prevent unauthorised access.
• To follow and uphold all procedures whilst maintaining pocket book notes of events, and to report any incidents in a timely manner.
• To greet all staff and visitors appropriately and courteously.
• To respond to alarm activations and take necessary actions and to prepare a report to the Security Supervisor.
• To secure and unlock areas as required.
• To undertake foot and vehicular patrols of the Constabulary’s Headquarters and satellite sites.
• To ensure that all required personal and vehicular passes are displayed prior to entry onto site.
• To liaise effectively with other departments and organisations as and when required in relation to site security.
• To maintain accurate records and logs of day-to-day activities and to prepare brief reports if required.
• To work flexibly as part of the Security Team providing 24 hours service.
• To perform duties using personal initiative with the necessary decisions being made with minimal supervision.
• To undertake other duties and additional responsibilities which are consistent with the nature, responsibilities and grading as and when required.
• Work with customers and colleagues to ensure delivery of effective communication and management of expectations. Adopting a customer focussed approach.
• To be responsible for improving your performance by participating in the Professional Development Review (PDR) process with your manager.
- Security Industry Authority (SIA) License qualification or equivalent, or willingness to work towards within 2 years.
- Previous experience of working unsociable hours
- Experience of maintaining accurate and legible records
- Experience of communicate clearly and articulately at all levels internally and externally
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative and take appropriate action as necessary
- Working knowledge of GDPR
- Promote and comply with our obligations under the Equality Act 2010, Data Protection and Health & safety legislation in the delivery of service and the treatment of others
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 01925 377 878. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.