We are currently recruiting for a SEND Data & Finance Analyst in Cheshire.
Pay rate: PAYE 19.04 per hour/UMB 23.82 per hour.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
Analyse, manage and report on the Local Authorities Finance and SEN/D data, including the department’s database and schools’ performance data.
- Be responsible for the design and maintenance of the Department’s SEND Finance / Pupil Database and to provide support to the LA/ SEN/D Team maximising its use as a management and planning tool.
- Provide and prepare reports to SEN and Finance Managers including preparation, compilation and monitoring of SEN budgets.
- Maintain and regularly update detailed financial records.
- Work closely with the SEN Senior Commissioning Manager and LA Finance in providing financial and statistical information required for projects relating to special educational needs.
- Be proficient in the use of spreadsheets and databases and maintain data systems that can readily provide data for a variety of purposes.
- Have knowledge of common reporting technologies such as Crystal Reports, SQL and Business Objects.
- Analyse, track and report on SEN/D education performance, using local and national data, benchmarking, and national guidelines.
- Liaise with and attend user group meetings with SEN/D Database Provider regarding development of the Database.
- Review and develop the processes for capturing, analysing and reporting on SEN/D school performance data, including the Early Years Foundation Stage and all key stages, including data about the local performance of different pupil groups, local benchmarking and comparative data on post-16 destinations
- Cross reference the out of area placement spreadsheet with the High Needs database, alerting the SEN senior manager of any anomalies.
- Support consultations, including development of consultation questionnaires, collation and analysis of responses and production of summaries.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience of budget management.
- Experience of analysing and compiling statistical and financial data to support financial systems and control of budgets
- Experience in maintaining and developing Information Technology systems to manage financial and administrative processes
- Experience of presenting to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to make full use of information technology systems including word processing, spreadsheets and database software
- Ability to work under pressure, organise own workload and forward plan to meet statutory deadlines
- Ability to consult and negotiate effectively and diplomatically with schools and other LAs
- Demonstrable track record of designing systems for data collection.
- The ability to analyse and review data sets and be able to present this to key departments and officers.
- Excellent IT skills and experience of developing and maintaining IT workflow systems and of inputting data into the system.
- Have designed and run reports from a system for the purpose of doing statistical analysis of the data for monitoring purposes.
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 07879 585551. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this role.