We are currently recruiting for a Stores Officer in Rochdale.
Pay rate: 12.70 per hour.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
To contribute towards providing an efficient and cost effective stores facility through the ordering, issuing and stock control of the stores function for Environmental Management. To undertake general duties as required within and around the depot.
– To supervise and advise stores personnel.
– Monitor stores stock and ensure stocks are held at economic levels.
– Issue stores items and maintain appropriate records of issue in accordance with correct procedures.
– To monitor and review stores/stock recording system including ordering and stock rotation procedures.
– Liaise with the Technical/Procurement Officer to ensure that an effective stores service is provided, and where necessary deal with complaints/problems.
– To undertake regular stock takes and report any discrepancies to the Technical/Procurement Officer.
– Prepare daily issues/receipts and input via the computer for Financial Services.
– To ensure that items are only purchased from the client’s approved suppliers and progress outstanding orders.
– Identify any new materials purchased though the store’s facility to enable a COSHH assessment to be carried out.
– Ensure that all pneumatic and hydraulic equipment is calibrated in accordance with current legislation.
– To maintain records of all calibration
– Keep up to date with developments in equipment and materials, liaise with suppliers and as far as possible, ensure that all stocks are purchased at competitive rates.
– Ensure that all necessary documentation regarding orders is forwarded to the Financial Admin Section.
– Comply with advice on audit requirements and those aspects of the work covered by financial or other regulations.
– To participate in training and development as required.
– To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of a similar grade may reasonably be required
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Carrying out stock takes and stock rotation.
- Working in an automotive environment
- Physical ability to carry/move reasonably heavy/awkward loads by manual methods.
- Category “B” driving licence
- Good computer skills including the use of Microsoft XL and word.
- Counter forklift truck licence
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
Apply online or contact Terri O’Keefe on 01925 377 878. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.